My Grandma Died Today

It's always awful when you get "the call" or in our case it was "the text". My Mom texted us around 5am to let us know that our Grandma died early this morning.

She had been ill for some time. She was 96 years old & in a nursing home, so we knew it was coming at some point. But knowing that never makes it any easier, does it? Of course, we're sad.

I remember she always put on makeup & had her hair done regularly, like clockwork. I remember her going to the fair with us. Going to craft shows with us. We had so much fun.

I think of all the times she babysat us when we were kids. She loved to take us to the park & play. She didn't just sit & watch us play, she actually joined us.

Whether it was swinging, kicking or tossing a ball (or a mini beanbag) around, or laughing over silly things, she always joined us in our playtime & silliness.

She was the best Grandma anyone could ask for & I realized today that I never told her that & that makes me sad.

My older Sister told me that we wrote to her & did things with her more than any of her other Grand-kids & that she knew we loved her. I know that's true, but I still feel awful.

I know someday I'll see her again in Paradise & that knowledge gives me comfort. Someday I'll be able to tell her how much I love her & how much she meant to me.

I love you Grandma. :'(

Comments